Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy it. My name is Alex Minnaar and I work in the areas of machine learning/data science/software engineering. My contact info’s on the top right if you’d like to reach out.
All of my projects (and code for this blog) can be found at my github account. Here are a few projects that I created and/or was the main contributor.
- RepoGPT: An LLM-based coding mentor for your repository.
- ScaLDA: A distributed Spark implementation of the online Latent Dirichlet Allocation algorithm.
- Time Series Classification and Clustering: Python time-series k-NN classification and k-means clustering using dynamic time warping.
- Akka DistBelief: An Asynchronous implementation of the DistBelief system for training deep neural networks using the Akka actor framework.
My Open Source Contributions
Here are a few projects that I have made contributions to.
- google/jax: Composable transformations of Python+NumPy programs: differentiate, vectorize, JIT to GPU/TPU, and more (My PRs).
- deepmind/open_spiel: OpenSpiel is a collection of environments and algorithms for research in general reinforcement learning and search/planning in games. (My PRs).
- deepmind/bsuite: bsuite is a collection of carefully-designed experiments that investigate core capabilities of a reinforcement learning (RL) agent. (My PRs).
- NVIDIA/PyProf: A GPU performance profiling tool for PyTorch models. (My PRs).